There are a number of ways you can show your support for the NPC:
- NPC Lobby of Parliament, 2 November, House of Commons
- Black Balloon release, 23 November to coincide with winter death figures
- Dignity Action Day, 1 February 2017, events around the country
- Biennial Delegate Conference, 21/22 March 2017, Stafford
- NPC Pensioners’ Parliament, 6-8 June 2017, Winter Gardens, Blackpool
- Sign up for the free monthly email Campaign! Bulletin by sending us your email address.
- Add your name to our campaign petitions. Ask us for the latest copies which we can send to you or follow the links on the Campaign page to sign online.
- Subscribe to the NPC’s quarterly newspaper, The Message for £10 a year. Email us for a Standing Order Form or send a cheque/postal order.
- Wear the latest NPC campaign badge and help publicise the organisation. Priced 50p each – contact us by email with your order. View Campaign Badge here.
JOIN A GROUP OR AFFILIATE OR AS AN INDIVIDUAL
- If you are a pensioner you can get involved by joining your nearest NPC regional group. Send us your address and we will put you in touch with the right group for you to join. The list of NPC regional groups can be viewed here.
- You can also join the NPC directly at a national level. If you wish to pay by cheque use the form here, or to pay by standing order use the form here.
- Get your local pensioner/trade union/residents/community group to affiliate. Download a form here.
MAKE A DONATION
- You can make a donation to the work of the NPC simply through the Just Giving website here.
IF YOU ARE NOT A PENSIONER – BECOME A FRIEND OF THE NPC
- If you have yet to become a pensioner, you can become a Friend of the NPC. We ask a minimum annual contribution of £1 a year. Full details can be viewed here.
COME TO THE ANNUAL PENSIONERS’ PARLIAMENT
- Come to the Pensioners’ Parliament in June 2017. Look at the Pensioners’ Parliament page for more information.
REMEMBER THE NPC IN YOUR WILL
- Remember the NPC in your Will. The NPC campaigns not only for today’s pensioners, but for the pensioners of tomorrow as well. Leaving us a gift in your will can help us continue standing up for all older people – wherever they are in the UK. If you don’t already have a will, we recommend speaking to a solicitor. They will advise on what your will should contain to ensure all your wishes are carried out. If you have already made a will, you can amend it using a ‘codicil’ – a formal addition to your existing will. Again it’s always best to involve a solicitor. Thank you for considering the NPC.
SHOP ONLINE AND HELP THE NPC RAISE FUNDS
Every time you or your family and friends shop online, you can help raise money for the NPC. Here’s how it works:1. You want to make an online purchase. Go to http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/
2. Click on Support A Good Cause.3. Enter National Pensioners Convention as the cause you wish to support.4. You will then be asked to register giving your name, email address and password to create an account.5. Click on 2700 retailers and choose the one you wish to visit.6. Make your purchase (the price will be exactly the same as if you’d gone directly to the retailer’s website).7. The retailer will give you a reward (eg. 2.5% of purchase price) that you can turn into a donation for your good cause: National Pensioners Convention8. Easyfundraising collect this donation and send it to the NPC at no extra cost.9. The whole process is 100% free.10. You get to shop and support Britain’s biggest campaigning pensioner organisation at the same time!